Saturday, January 25, 2014

some updates and an award

What a busy, exciting last few of weeks it has been in the Curtsinger household! We've had lots of fun, got snowed in for a few days, battled a yucky cold, traveled to Texas, and I've most recently started a new job!

Last week, my sweet friend Jenni from Frankly My Dear sent me a message telling me she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. My first thoughts were "What a sweetheart!" and then, "What does that mean!?" So I hopped on over to her blog to find out... The Liebster Award is basically a way for bloggers with less than 200 followers to share a bit about themselves after being nominated. Then they pay it forward by nominating more new/up-and-coming bloggers! I love learning new things about people so this is so fun for me! I'm also incredibly indecisive so narrowing down my answers to one response has been somewhat difficult... Ha!


11 Facts about Me

1. I am a morning person.
2. I'm an old soul who loves traditions.
3. My Nana first gave me "little girl coffee" when I was a child & I've been hooked since.
4. Cooking is therapeutic for me. 
5. Mutual friends tried to set up my husband and I on a blind date before we started dating. 
6. If my nails aren't painted, I feel naked.
7. Seven is my favorite number!
8. I've wanted to be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since middle school. 
9. I love words-- nice, truthful ones.
10. Although I was born in Tennessee and lived there a few years, I will always consider myself a Kentucky girl. 
11. I love reading and studying Scripture.

11 Questions from Jenni at Frankly My Dear

1. What is your dream job & why?
I am so thankful to share I recently became one of the clinical & outpatient dietitians at a local hospital. I will work with inpatients to return to their health as well as those referred by their physician to achieve a healthier lifestyle. Health and nutrition have always been my passions and I am so excited to share that with our community. Working in a hospital with a mission to "continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ" is an absolute dream come true. I look forward to so much growth in this new position! 

2. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
I love to travel and I have been blessed to travel to several countries so far. While several places remain on my Bucket List, I would love to travel to the islands off the Bahamas, The Exumas, where tourists can swim with piggies! 

3. What is the one thing you would change about yourself?
If you know me personally, you know I am an emotional person. Weddings, funerals, movies, commercials, books, baptisms, songs, testimonies, another person crying-- they all make me cry. On one hand, I am thankful for my tender heart-- but sometimes I wish I could toughen up a bit! 

4. What's your biggest goal in life?
I want to share the love of Christ with every person I encounter. 

5. If you could be any character in a book or movie, who would it be?
I have so many favorite books and movies! I absolutely adore Meg Ryan as Kathleen Kelly in You've Got Mail. I love her spunk and devotion to tradition and small businesses. Plus, I think it would be so much fun to own a cozy, little bookstore in New York City! 

6. What is your favorite food?
Ummm... All of them! Seriously, as a foodie, this is too difficult to narrow down to one! Food is my favorite. The flavors, textures, aromas, nutrition, all of it. Maybe I will avoid giving one specific and instead say this: whole, natural foods enjoyed in healthy ways are my favorite! 

7. Where is your "Happy Place"?
Anywhere with my husband and our puppies. I love spending time with them and the fun we have together! 

8. What is your most prized possession?
This is a tie between my wedding rings Dustin picked out and the pearl earrings my momma gave me for our wedding. I feel naked without both.  

9. If you could meet anyone in the world (dead or alive) who would it be?
I would love to share coffee with Ann Voskamp. Her writing is absolutely beautiful and has greatly impacted my life. Plus, she has pigs on her farm so even though it is totally rude to invite myself over, I would definitely ask. 

10. What is the one thing you cannot leave the house without?
As sad as it is, my cell phone. I could try to say it is for safety, but that would only be partially correct. I really enjoy being connected to my people. 

11. Top Reason for blogging? 
Initially, I wanted to post recipes as well as have a way to keep in touch with family back home when I knew we were moving. I have loved having this new way to share what God places on my heart. The blogging community, especially the Influence Network, has been a wonderful source of encouragement and truth! 

Now for my nominees & their questions!


My 11 Questions for You:
1. What verse or quote has been really impacting you lately? 
2. What hymn is your favorite?
3. If you had a farm, what animals would you have on it?
4. Who would you love to meet over coffee/sweet tea?
5. What color do you find most in your closet?
6. What fruits/vegetables/herbs would you plant in a garden?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. Where is your favorite place you've traveled?
9. What are you most thankful for right now?
10. What is your go-to recipe for supper?
11. What is your top reason for blogging?

Thank you Jenni for nominating me! 
My nominees, I can't wait to see what you share! 
Have a great weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment