Wednesday, October 15, 2014

what's new


Hey friends! Care to join me for a cup of something cozy as I attempt to share what's new in our lives? I'm still here! Promise. It's been over two months since my last blog post. While this little hiatus from blogging was not really planned, I have to say it has been good for me. To be quite honest, it is so easy for me to get caught up in the mindset of thinking I need to blog a certain number of times a week/month/etc or that I need to post certain topics however often. When I joined the blogworld I wanted to avoid that mentality. This break was a great reminder. I am continuing to learn to avoid unnecessary, and often unrealistic, expectations for myself and others. I have had to put blogging on the back burner the past few months but I am hoping to resume now that things are somewhat falling into a routine again. That said, to those who are pros at regularly posting on their blogs-- way to go! You encourage so many, including me.

So what's new? Well A LOT! 

First, we sold our home and moved from Illinois back to Kentucky for my husband's job. To say we were excited to get back home closer to our family and friends is an understatement. However, leaving our newly made friends, coworkers, church, and first home we purchased together was so bittersweet. We will forever be grateful for our time in Illinois. I have no doubt God brought us there to grow closer to Him, each other, and the people He placed in our lives for that season. To our Illinois friends, thank you for opening your homes and hearts to us. We miss you and are so glad you are not too far away! 

We are currently residing in our dear friends' basement as we look for a home here in Kentucky. They are so generous by allowing us to stay with them. Not only are we thoroughly enjoying our time with them, our puppies are loving their little pooch too! 

We both have started new positions in work-- Dustin has a new territory in his job and I was able to begin working as needed at the hospital where I completed my dietetic internship. We are so thankful for both opportunities! 

Last, but certainly not least, our family of two is growing to three! We found out in July that we are expecting our first baby! Just this week we learned we are having a sweet baby girl! We are beyond thankful and thrilled for her to join our family next March. Poor Dustin will continue to be outnumbered with a wife, daughter, and two female pups for now! I have no doubt he will be just fine and an amazing daddy to our little girl. 

That about sums up the major life events in the past few months! It has been a little overwhelming at times, but I am so thankful for the lessons God continues to teach me-- to trust His plans, His timing, and His faithfulness. I joined a Bible study at church this week and it could not be more perfect for this season in our lives. It is Beth Moore's latest study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians. In the opening video she reminded me of such truth-- we are not here in this world to stay the same. For a girl who loves routine, order, and familiarity-- oh how my heart needed to hear that this week! However, can I also say how thankful I am for freedom and grace through renewal as well? I don't want to be the same person I was five or ten years ago and I pray five or ten years from now I am continuing to become more Christlike. I am so grateful for the transformation God gives us through His son Jesus Christ. I look forward to what else God will reveal to me through this study and during this special time in our lives. 

I hope y'all are doing well! What's new in your neck of the woods?


No comments:

Post a Comment