Tuesday, July 15, 2014

sunshine award.



Julie over at Homegrown State of Mind nominated me for the Sunshine Award a few weeks ago. Because things have been pretty eventful in our household, I am just now getting around to posting. We found out recently that Dustin was approved for a transfer within his company which will allow us to move back to Kentucky near our family and friends! We are so excited for this opportunity but will so miss the friends we have made here in Illinois. Since finding out we have been working on getting our home ready to sell, looking at houses for sell back home, packing a little, and watching tons of HGTV. But back to the Sunshine Award... I really enjoy learning random facts about people so I think these awards are so fun! Thank you Julie for nominating me!

Rules of the Sunshine Award:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you. 
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award.
- Write 11 questions for those bloggers to answer.
- Notify the 11 bloggers that they have been nominated.

11 random facts about me
{1} I have every episode of HGTV's Fixer Upper on our DVR. I absolutely love the show. 
{2} I have a soft spot for farm animals. Primarily pigs, but I would also love to have a cow, goat, and chickens.
{3} Anytime I can use an alliteration, I'm thrilled. 
{4} I am a Young Living Essential Oils member. I'd love to help you get started with them!
{5} While I totally appreciate and enjoy crafting, I am really not that good at it.
{6} Fresh flowers are my favorite. So happy to see my zinnias growing!
{7} I love making lists.
{8} There are very few foods that I don't like, celery being the least enjoyed.
{9} Old books make me happy.
{10} I will be 25 this month! Weird.
{11} I enjoy learning new words. 

Julie's questions for me:
What's your favorite childhood memory?
I'd have to say anytime I was in the kitchen with my Meme. She is the one who introduced me to cooking and encouraged my love of food. She was never put off by me making a mess, slowing her down, or eating our culinary creations before they were finished. 

What's you favorite band?
Currently, NEEDTOBREATHE and Hillsong United are my favorite Pandora stations. 

What's your favorite dish to cook?
I can't choose just one!? Probably roasted vegetables. Of any kind. They are just delicious. And so simple. And so good for you.

Mac or PC?
I had only used a PC until I met Dustin. Now I use his Mac all the time. So Mac. 

What's your favorite nail polish color?
OPI Bubble Bath

Do you workout/run/exercise? If so, what do you do regularly?
Honestly, no. Insert embarrassed emoji. I know how important it is to be physically active, I just don't make it a priority as I should. My favorite is a good spin class-- although I'm not sure it can be as fun without my BFF, Gracey. We developed a love for cycling our senior year of college. Two years later, we still text each other good "spin songs." 

Do you have fur-babies (pets)?
YES! Love love love our  sweet puppy sisters, Callie and Chloe.

Have you ever been fishing? Did you enjoy it?
I grew up fishing at my grandparent's pond. My first fishing pole was a blue Snoopy pole. I loved fishing then, and love it now. 

What motivates you to blog consistently?
Such a great question. While at times I wish I blogged more often, I enjoy posting randomly. I guess I could say I am consistent in my 7 on the 7th posts! I do want my readers to enjoy my blog and get to know me better, but I also don't want to put pressure on myself to post a certain number of times in a week/month/etc. 

What's your favorite guilty pleasure? Shopping? Chocolate?
Manicures. No matter how much I take my time, I can never do them as well myself. 

What's your favorite social media platform? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, other?
Instagram, hands down. I so love a pretty picture and catchy caption (and alliterations, remember!?).

My Sunshine Award Nominees:
McKinzey @ Whisk & Thread
Michelle @ Becoming Michelle

My questions:
{1}  Which meal of the day is your favorite?
{2} What's your favorite social media platform? FB, IG, Twitter, other?
{3} What's your favorite season?
{4} What's your favorite part about blogging?
{5} What verse or quote are you clinging to right now?
{6} What's the most recent book you've read?
{7} Do you have a favorite TV show? If so, what is it?
{8} Do you DIY or buy?
{9} What song do you currently have on repeat?
{10} Where has been your favorite trip/vacation so far?
{11} What is your favorite family tradition? 

Thanks again for nominating me, Julie! I had so much fun!
To my Sunshine Award Nominees, I can't wait to hear your responses!

2 comments:

  1. I loved getting to know you more! I also love alliterations, and making lists. ;-) That childhood memory is a very sweet one to be cherished. Your fur-babies are adorable! A good manicure is just the best, isn't it? I'll have to check out some of the ladies you nominated! Have a great day, Hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for the nomination! I had so much fun :)
      Love finding out things we have in common!

      Delete