Monday, June 16, 2014

homemade citrus cleaner recipe

Last fall I shared some of my favorite cleaning products, tips, and tricks in this post. I not only enjoy a clean house, but a clean smelling house. Today I am sharing a simple recipe for a homemade cleaner that smells amazing. I followed this recipe posted by Jen of IHeart Organizing. Enjoy!


homemade citrus cleaner

1 cup water
1 tablespoon citrus castille soap
10 drops citrus fresh essential oil

Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and use everywhere! 

I love finding new uses for my Young Living Essential Oils. If you have not tried them yet and are interested, let me know! I would love to help you get started. I use this cleaner everywhere-- on the countertops in the kitchen, in the toilets in bathrooms, the woodwork in bedrooms and living rooms. *Note: If you have granite countertops, lemon essential oil could etch and dull your surfaces so this recipe would not be fit for use on them.* Dr. Bronner's soap is my favorite-- all natural ingredients and great cleaning ability. I started out using it in the shower as body wash and have branched out to now cleaning our home with it. The bottles can seem expensive ($10-$15 for 32oz), however the soap is meant to be diluted when used so they last a long time. There are many different scents available: almond, unscented baby mild, citrus orange, eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, rose, and tea tree. Depending on the scent you select and the essential oils you choose to add, you could create many different combinations! The soap themselves contain essential oils as their fragrance so the addition in this recipe is just to enhance the aromatic effect. I told y'all I enjoy a lovely, clean smell! 

Have you made any of your own cleaners using essential oils or other natural products? 
I'd love to know your recipes! 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great cleaner. I'll have to try it out!
    Love the blog redesign, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great one! Love the fresh scent and look forward to experimenting with different combinations! :)
      Thanks!

      Delete