Monday, December 29, 2014

2014: a year at a glance


Time flies when you're having fun! Honestly, I think it just flies no matter what. I can't believe 2015 is just a few days away. What a year 2014 has been! As I transfer birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and appointments to my 2015 planner, I have enjoyed looking back at the past year. *Also, this is my second year using Emily Ley's Simplified Planner & I love it! You should check them out!* This is just one of the many reasons I like keeping an agenda-- not only does it keep me organized for the future, it provides a great way to reflect on where we have been. Here's a glance back at 2014:

January:
-first day of work in my first position as a dietitian
-we traveled to Texas with Dustin's work

February:
-lots of Illinois wintery weather meant using 4wheel drive & the fireplace often
-lots of learning & growing in my new role as a dietitian

March:
-March was full of madness & we enjoyed cheering on the CATS

April:
-we had fun doing some updates around the house with the help of our family
-Dustin & I were baptized together, a moment I'll treasure forever
-we started our first garden

May: 
-I was diagnosed with a tick-borne illness, thankfully my coworkers encouraged me to see a doctor
-we traveled to celebrate two beautiful weddings of loved ones in California & in Tennessee

June: 
-we cheered for the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium a couple of times
-we received an opportunity to move from Illinois back home to KY
-many meals were enjoyed with produce from our garden

July: 
-we celebrated our 2nd anniversary
-we learned that we were expecting a baby
-I celebrated my 25th birthday

August:
-we shared the news of our little one coming with our family
-we traveled to Florida for a work trip
-we celebrated another sister-friend's wedding in KY
-we put our house up for sale

September:
-we shared the exciting news of Baby C with everyone
-we went to St. Louis for a fun concert & time with friends
-I started working as needed at a hospital back home in KY

October:
-we finalized the sale of our home in IL & moved in with some hospitable friends in KY
-we found out Baby C is a GIRL
-we celebrated Dustin's 28th birthday

November:
-Dustin went on a hunting trip
-I attended a week long course to become a certified lactation counselor
-we counted our blessings & ate tons of dressing with family & friends for Thanksgiving

December: 
-I received my letter stating I passed my CLC exam
-Dustin hunted anything that flies
-our puppy sisters, Callie & Chloe, turned 1
-we played Dirty Santa, drank lots of hot chocolate, & celebrated the birth of our Savior with family & friends

By no means is this an complete list of the highlights of the year. It would be an even longer post to try to include all of the laughter shared, tears shed, prayers lifted, & memories made. This year has been more than we could ever ask or imagine, which is exactly how our God works according to Ephesians 3:20. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness & provision. I am always amazed by & thankful for your mercy, grace, & love.

Looking ahead to 2015: we cannot wait to find a home to call our own, welcome our baby girl into the world, & continue to seek Christ & share His love.

Have a very Happy New Year, y'all!

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. 
{Ephesians 3:20-21}

No comments:

Post a Comment