Thursday, January 01, 2015

devotion: one word for 2015

Happy New Year, y'all! Don't you just love a fresh start? I know I do. I have enjoyed reading about everyone's goals, resolutions, or reasons for not making resolutions this year. I think to some degree, regardless of how we label it, we all have our own way of pursuing growth in our lives. I don't know many people who want to say exactly the same. However that looks for you, I hope you see growth in your life in 2015!

Last year I learned of many people declaring one word for their focus in the upcoming year. Examples include: courage, peace, create, thrive, delight, bloom, etc. I loved this idea and declared simplify to be my one word for 2014. I aimed to for simplicity in many ways-- in our home, in our routine, in our lives. Through saying "no" to some things, I was able to say "yes" to what mattered most. Through letting go of  some "stuff" I was able to better appreciate the gifts I've been given. I hope to continue to simplify this year as well! With a growing family, I am sure it will be a challenge but I know it will be worth it.



This year, I am declaring devotion to be my one word for 2015. 
: a feeling of strong love or loyalty
: the use of time money, energy, etc., for a particular purpose 
: synonyms- affection, love, passion, commitment

I came across a form of this word while reading {1 Chronicles 22:19} last week and it has stayed with me since. 



My prayer for 2015 is that I remain mindful of my devotion. To the Lord, to my husband, to our family, to our friends, to my health, to the roles God has given me. I want to carefully consider how I am using my time, our money, and my energy. Too often I am guilty of wasting time worrying, spending money on frivolous things, and exerting energy at times when I should just be still. I pray that my love for and commitment to the things that truly matter in life continues to grow. 

Are you declaring one word for 2015? If so, what is it? 

Happy 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment