Saturday, March 07, 2015

7 on the 7th: pregnancy favorites part 2


Happy March! It's Baby C's birth month! My mom surprised me with this adorable Happy Everything attachment. I considered saving it for Mother's Day, but just couldn't wait! I cannot believe that she could arrive at any point. We are considered to be full term now (+37 weeks) but I'm hoping she keeps cooking as long as she needs. For March, I wanted to share some more pregnancy favorites. In November when I was 20 weeks, I shared my favorites to that point in this post. Here are some more to add to the list:

1. Prenatal Massages
Dustin has treated me to a couple prenatal massages, once in my second trimester and once in my third, and I cannot say enough good things about them!  Even though I have been pretty comfortable (thankfully) it's amazing how much tension can be relieved. If you want to treat yourself or a mommy-to-be that you know, give them a gift certificate for a prenatal massage!

2. Chiropractic Care
Along with massages, I fully recommend considering chiropractic care during pregnancy. I started going to a chiropractor a little after 20 weeks. Each week she would adjust my hips, back, and ribs. When you have a growing baby pressing against your ribs/lungs, breathing takes a bit more effort. I could instantly tell a difference in the ability to breathe after my adjustments!

3. Pregnancy Pillows
Dustin's parents gave me a pregnancy pillow for Christmas after my friend Kirby's recommendation. There are many different brands/styles/etc. I loved having a long pillow to support my back/belly as well as in-between my knees. You reach a point during pregnancy where not only is it uncomfortable to sleep on your stomach/back, it's not safe. Having a long pillow really helps me stay on my sides comfortably.

4. Eggs
Of course I am going to address food again. I mentioned in part 1 of my pregnancy favorites about my love for Bubbies Pickles, which provide probiotics along with their delicious flavor. I have also loved eggs almost every morning for breakfast. They provide quality protein, healthy fats, and great fat-soluble vitamins which are so important during pregnancy. They also make a great snack or addition to a salad!

5. Labor & Delivery Scripture
I came across Val Marie Paper through Instagram. She has beautiful Prayer Journals & her posts are always so encouraging. She recently released Pregnancy Journals which I am sure are lovely, too! In one of her posts, she mentioned a free printable she made of verses to meditate on during labor/delivery. I have loved reading through her list of scripture already! You can find the link to her printable on her blog.

6. Meal Planning
These last few weeks of moving, unpacking (still occurring), and preparing for Baby C have been a whirlwind. I can only imagine how different things will be once she is here with us! I have tried to be more intentional with my meal planning each week so that I not only am sticking to a plan/budget, but also prepared with simple, quick recipes. I hope to share more of my meal planning process in the future.

7. Comfortable Pajamas
Since I plan on breastfeeding, finding comfortable, nursing-friendly pajamas is a must. My aunt gave me a couple sleeping shirts back in my first trimester that I have enjoyed the entire time. I received a pajama set for Christmas that I have loved and picked up another set a couple weeks ago to also include in my hospital bag. All have buttons in the front and are a soft, breathable cotton material. I take my sleep seriously so it's nice to have good pajamas to ensure quality rest!

Do you have any pregnancy favorites? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment