Monday, November 02, 2015

meal planning monday

I could spend all day in the kitchen. It's my happy place. Sometimes I enjoy it more than I should, which then leads to other areas of our life being neglected-- I'm looking at you, laundry. Lately, I've been struggling in the meal planning department. Exhaustion, poor time management, and laziness have gotten the best of me. Supper time rolls around and I become overwhelmed because I don't have a plan or I didn't prepare ahead of time. Some days, my priorities are out of order. Some days, I have the best of intentions. Thankfully, the Lord and my husband both give more grace.



In an effort to be more organized as well as provide some ideas for meals, I hope to share my week's menus more frequently. I aim to try new recipes, too. I'll mark these with a "*".

M// sunday's leftover roast, carrots, + potatoes with green beans
       -- roast recipe: close to this one by the Pioneer Woman

T// crockpot sausage, peppers + onions with roasted potatoes*
      -- crockpot recipe: this one by fellow RD, Katie Serbinski

W// sausage + mushroom quiche with roasted veggies
      -- quiche recipe: my mom's

Th// meatloaf, mashed potatoes, + roasted veggies
      -- meatloaf recipe: close to this one by PW (if you haven't noticed, she's one of my faves)

F// leftovers from the days before

S// chicken soup
     -- a combination of this recipe and this recipe by PW

S// skillet greek chicken and rice with roasted veggies*
     -- chicken recipe: this one by RecipeTin Eats pinned on my food pinterest board

Friends, hold me accountable and share your own menus! It's so easy to get stuck in a rut. Hopefully, we can help each other out with different meal ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment